Now Helping Eligible Homeowners with PACE Loan(s)
Eligible applicants can receive up to $80,000 per household.
This Government Program Is Free.
There Is Nothing To Pay Back.
The California Mortgage Relief Program, run by the CalHFA Homeowner Relief Corporation is running a pilot program that will pay down or pay off HERO Program/Renovate America PACE loans for eligible homeowners who submitted claims in the Renovate America bankruptcy case.
More Than Mortgage Relief.
You can get state assistance for:
If You Have Questions, Call 866-995-9077
Our Contact Center Specialists can walk you through the application.
Open 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday – Friday
PACE Pilot Eligibility Requirements:
In order to participate in the HERO Program/Renovate America PACE pilot, homeowners must have a “PACE Pilot Notification Letter” from the California Mortgage Relief Program OR a “Proof of Claim” filed in the Renovate America bankruptcy case. One of these documents will need to be submitted with your application for assistance.
You may be eligible for assistance if you meet the following criteria:
- You have an existing HERO Program/Renovate America PACE loan(s) and submitted a “proof of claim” in the Renovate America bankruptcy case.
- PACE loan(s) was recorded on your property prior to May 11, 2023
- You experienced a financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Your cash on hand, or assets that can be rapidly converted to cash (excluding savings in a retirement account), are not equal to or greater than the relief funds needed + $20,000
- You own and live on one property (may have up to 4 units)
- Your income is at or below 150% of the area median income (AMI) for your county, based on household size (visit CaMortgageRelief.org to check the AMI limit for your county).
Funded through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021’s Homeowner Assistance Fund, the California Mortgage Relief Program is run by the CalHFA Homeowner Relief Corporation.
Eligibility and program information can be found in the PACE Term Sheet.